School motto: F.A.B (Flourish, Aspire, Believe)
Our community have identified the following values as important within our school community and these values underpin our aims for each child:
- Care / Compassion
- Fairness / Justice
Ethos of Okeford Fitzpaine Primary School
Within a Christian framework, we aspire to enable all children to become confident, resourceful and well-educated members of society. We promote high expectations, strong self-esteem, and high achievement from staff and pupils alike. This enables the school to meet individual needs, educational or pastoral, and to allow each pupil to find a valued voice. We foster creativity and independence of mind, to sustain a love of learning and a life-long zest for education necessary for a successful and fulfilled future.
- Sustain Christian values across all school activities.
- Provide a highly personalised approach, using the full potential of the stunning rural environment, whist encouraging all children to look outwards into the wider world.
- Strive to install an expectation of excellence in every child, member of staff, parents and governors. To strive towards providing an outstanding education for all.
- Support every child to be healthy and safe, enabling them to achieve and make positive contributions while enjoying their time at the school, where each child is known and valued by every member of staff and by each other.
- Endeavour to bring out the best in every child, by applying a clear process of identifying each child’s potential and goals, and continuously monitoring each individual’s progress. We will improve their learning through challenge and the application of appropriate teaching methods which will encourage children to help themselves and others.
- Ensure that children will always adopt a caring, supportive and respectful manner in school and wherever they may be.
- Maintain a close and supportive relationships with parents, the Parents and Friends Association, the local community, other local schools, the schools within the Shaftesbury MAT, outside organisations and activities, through regular communication and events.
- Assure parents in the community that the school, as an integral part of the Shaftesbury MAT, will continue to provide the best possible education for their children.